We all know that excess sugar intake has various side effects, but very less people know that sugar can affect your face and skin too. This article is mainly for people who are worried about aging and do not want to have dull and aging skin, you need to read this well.
Effects of Sugar intake on your skin:
Sugar is bad for your skin as it enters your bloodstream and gets attached to the proteins. This then produces harmful free radicals like advanced glycation end products (AGEs). So, the more you eat sugar the more AGE is produced, which damages the protein around them.
- The most important protein called Collagen and Elastin are damaged which are requires as building blocks for your skin. They keep the skin firm and elastic. If this protein is harmed, they might cause sagging, wrinkles, and fine lines on the skin.
- It also affects the collagen you have. There are 3 collagens namely Type I, II, and III. Type I is the weakest whereas Type III is the strongest. What this sugar intake does is they bring this type III one to Type I. Thereby it diminishes the structural strength and the stability in the skin.
- Next, it also damages the skin’s natural antioxidant enzymes which are required for your skin to fight against external factors. This damages your skin causing you to age.
For people who wish to go for a sugar-free diet can surely try these sugar-free CBD gummies. The Just CBD store offers many other products like crema para el dolor de CBD, CBD gotas, bomba de baño y jabones con CBD, and more. They have the best customer rating, and you can trust them for not having any chemicals added to them.
There are certain signs you can see which show your skin is aging such as rough and shiny skin, discoloration, and hyperpigmentation, sagging skin around the jowl area, etc.
How can you prevent your skin from getting aged?
So, it is always better to avoid things that can damage your skin:
- As sugar is the main culprit, it is always better to avoid sugar rather than eliminating it. Say no to added sugars or any artificially flavoured foods, which have huge sugar amount in it.
- Increase your intake of water levels. Incorporate a lot of water-rich foods like cucumber, tomatoes, and watermelon, etc.
- Add supplements to your diet such as vitamin B1 and B6. Vitamin B1 has a powerful antioxidant property that fights against free radicals. Vitamin B6 on the other hand is important for skin development and maintenance.
- Get enough sleep. Studies have shown that lack of sleep can result in more wrinkles and fine lines on your skin.
- Eat a lot of food having antioxidants in them such as berries, leafy vegetables, and coffee. They will neutralize and protect your body from these free radicals.
It is very important to adopt a better skincare routine for your body, which will not only includes reduce the sugar intake, but it also means adopting a better skincare regime like face washing, moisturizing, and taking enough care of your skin.